Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacation within a vacation


We arrived home at 3 a.m. this morning with a killer 12-hour trek from the beach, including a nearly 3-hour delay over the George Washington Bridge. We had a fabulous vacation in D.C., VA, and MD, and Beatrice had a ball with all of her cousins, her Lola and Lolo, and other family and friends. She sprouted tooth #9 yesterday morning and I think a few others are close by. She's standing for many seconds at a time but still not walking independently. Her bottle from the orphanage, which was her water bottle during the day, has bit the dust and she now drinks water from a cup or from a sippy cup. Beatrice is signing and nodding frequently, understanding more and more every day, and enjoys pretend play. Pretend eating, as well as real eating, is one of her favorite pasttimes now. It is so great today to see how happy she is to be home. This clearly is her home and she is rediscovering her toys and the rooms with wide smiles today. I will post a bunch of photos once I catch my breath, but for now here's one that I just took after laying her down for a hopefully very long afternoon nap on a hot muggy afternoon. Sometimes her beauty overwhelms me.

No comments: