
I just got an email saying that our G&R (the Giving and Receiving ceremony, or official Vietnamese adoption ceremony from which we take custody of the baby) is on "Monday, Tuesday, or maybe Wednesday, but most likely one of the other two days." Of course the sooner the better, but we won't be devastated if we have a couple days to sightsee and catch up on sleep, since once we have Beatrice everything will take a lot more planning and effort. We are staying at the Hong Ngoc hotel and I just had fun looking at the tours that are available from there. The travel lover in me is tempted to start planning some side trips, but the realist in me knows that's not what this trip is about. As one international adoption pediatrician told our friends, this is not a vacation, it's a journey whose purpose is "to get to know your child's soul."
By the way, this picture above is of Ha Long Bay, perhaps the most popular tourist site in all of Vietnam, and the origin of the words on Bizou's shirt in her last photographs.
1 comment:
My dear Michelle and Anthony,
I am so happy for both of you, so happy that tears are running down my cheeks as I followed your website/blog. I knnow everything will turn out great and that very soon you will have Beatrice in your arms! How great is the Lord! Let's all concentrate and pray continously especially this Lenten season and on Easter Sunday (April 12) when the Risen Lord will bless all 3 of you (the Blessed Trinity) in Hanoi. Kiss the ground in Hanoi for my mother (Lucienne) your Lola, for Hanoi is her birthplace and so are your Tito Claude's, Tita Yoly,Ninette and Raoul's. How amazing is that!
Praying for your safe and happy journey,
Tita Evelyn and Tito Ed
Post a Comment