Sunday, November 22, 2015

Christmas music?

At the orthodontist's office this week, (yup, it looks like we'll be there a lot in the future), I heard Christmas music playing in the background.  Really?  I feel like Halloween was just yesterday!  This month is flying by at lightning speed and I can't quite catch my breath.  Birthday parties, a whirlwind trip to Maryland (courtesy of Southwest points which had to be used by December), preparing for a school Saints project, and plain old every day life are making the days of the calendar zoom.


Here's Bea at her first ever attempt at rock-climbing at classmate Ethan's party:


Experienced traveler waiting outside baggage claim:

Obsessed with the Whatever After series!  (and I kind of am too!):

After cousin Miles's 7th birthday party, the kids headed to the park down the street.  Here she is with cousins Noah, Dominic, Linden, Jaden, Marco, and Lorenzo:


The highlight of this trip was seeing the new "Wizard of Oz" themed playground at Watkins Park, just minutes from Lolo and Lola's house:















Cartwheels over the rainbow!






Young at Heart!























Goodbye yellow brick road:








The ruby slipper slides were awesome!






Not time to leave yet!!!!!????












Spinning around to get dizzy in the poppy field:




A trip to Ikea for lunch is more fun with Linden around!




Then we spent an evening with Anthony's sister and family, and Bea helped her Ninang prep the supper:


 Parsnips and carrots peeled!!!



We came home in time for an exciting week at school, including a field trip to the Worcester Ecotarium:

and the next day was the Saints presentation.  Beatrice was Kateri Tekakwitha:

She was a real pro as she read a 2-page report to the class:


She and Samm also did a presentation about the patron saint of Vietnam, Our lady of La Vang:


                                                   Final bows for the littlest saints!

The class got together again Saturday for Rowan's 7th birthday party at our local prep school ice rink, the very place where yours truly took lessons in the 70's, sporting a Short 'n Sassy haircut of course.  Bea was struggling when we were trying to hold onto her hand but once these "walkers" came out she really took to it! We may have to try some lessons for her this winter.....


                                                                 on ice, and NO HANDS!
                               
              The whole class showed up but only the bravest parents took to the ice, with skates on that is.  After the first 15 minutes or so, and once I didn't need to stay right next to Bea,  I really got my "ice legs" back and had a great time.

Marshmallows, cocoa, pizza, and a variety of "winter wonderland" treats and activities made it one of the best parties ever!

I joked that this looked like a picture of the local nursing home's group of 2070:


I started this post on Thursday and ended it on Sunday.  I'll have to post more often during this season of craziness, that's for sure!









No comments: