Tuesday, June 9, 2015

2 reasons why I love this girl so much today

Beatrice had an assignment to write "at least 12 words" for homework.  I numbered the paper 1-12 to get her started.  She wrote them all and insisted on doing one more because "look Mama, it says AT LEAST. I should do more!"   Such a good work ethic my girl has, and not from my preaching either.

After thanking her father for giving her some spaghetti tonight, he responded "why do you have such good manners Bea?"  She replied "Mama makes me, and God wants me to." 

I started this blog post a couple weeks ago and am only now finishing it.  Much has happened indeed!
My sister fell about ten days ago and broke both her arms and a couple of teeth.  She had surgery and is staying with us for the time being.  I also had my International Week, this year focused on Australia, and it was a big success.  That same week was Bea's pre-dance-show week filled with rehearsals so it goes without saying that we have been ridiculously busy.

One new thing is that Bea has befriended out next door neighbor, Caeden, a first grade boy who has shown her the ropes around our swingset and thanks to his modeling, this girl has gotten much braver! 


She's also been growing.  She just had her physical which revealed that she has grown FIVE INCHES and is four pounds heavier than a year ago.  Her height is now in the 16th percentile, the first time she's broken above 5th.  Weight is still hovering in the 4th, but the doctor predicted she could hit 5'2" some day.

She's been enjoying wearing her hair in a bun to practice for the show:


Hera graduated.  It was a beautiful day and we were so sad to say goodbye to her:







At her recent dental checkup, the hygienist counted five loose teeth in Bea's mouth.  One is hanging by a thread at the bottom, and both of the top front ones are loose, so I suspect this smile's going to look pretty different very soon.  Sweet friend Samm came to Bea's dance show:


Bea is done school next Tuesday and the next pics will likely be from her end-of-the-year party. I'm ready for my year to end but have to wait until the 25th of June.  We are all very, very ready for a nice summer.

No comments: