Monday, August 4, 2014

August is off to a great start!

Yesterday was my Uncle Charlie and Aunt Alice's 60th (yikes!) wedding anniversary, so their three children were all in town for a party, along with all but one of their grandchildren.  After a long warmup period, Bea was so happy to see everyone, especially almost-6 year old Maryam:

My godson Erik, in town from VA, just loved playing with the little kids:




A pickup soccer game ensued after lunch:


and tons of photographs were taken.  I love this one of Bea with some of her big cousins:


Here I am with my cousin Marianne's beautiful children.  Beatrice adores Kristin, aka THE CAT. I can't believe these two "babies" are entering 10th and 12th grade in a few week!  Makes me feel as old as I look here:


We headed to NH straight from the party for an overnight visit with Rachel:
 
The  6-year olds picked up right where they left off when we last saw them in May:
 
They were up until the week hours of the morning by my estimate, and awoke far too early today, but they couldn't wait to get up and play and head outside on this beautiful day.


I think they were captains of a ship protecting treasure, but the handholding was the sweetest part of this adventure:

Debating what to do next.  I think hide-and-seek won out:

Martha got the pool and sand table ready and they had fun mixing the two!

and fishing....



There was a (very quick) run under the sprinkler.  Despite the hot summer air, the water was really chilly!


and then Beatrice introduced Toca Boca to Rachel before lunch and heading home.


Can't  believe these two are entering first grade.  Their friendship is such a treasure for their families. As we drove up yesterday, just before opening the car door to greet them, Beatrice asked "Rachel's just like my sister, right?"  She sure is, just like a sister.

2 comments:

MSChaz said...

"Rachel is like my sister"… made me cry! So good to see you all!!!! xo

Mother Lightning said...

I agree w/ Bea, our gal friends are just like a sister~xo~!