Monday, July 21, 2014

Flower Girl, take 2

Two years to the day from being a flower girl at David & Meaghan's wedding in Tuscany, Beatrice had the honor of being flower girl for his sister Mary Elizabeth and her wedding to Sam.  It was a local wedding, so unfortunately we didn't get to fly anywhere exotic or stay in a romantic historical villa, but the place they chose 5 miles from our house felt like a French mansion. After starting the day by throwing up her breakfast all over me (old orange juice, I think), we laid very low until heading out the door in the afternoon, hair done but not dressed:


Here's the outside of the incredible mansion:


I put her dress on and she walked away, and I quickly snapped a photo, somehow seeing many years flash ahead of me in a moment:


A couple hours ago, she and Venus, the "head flower girl" and best childhood friend of ME scattered petals down the aisle:




Bea took her job very seriously (and I think her belly was grumbling):

One of the beautiful brides making the debut with my dear friends John and Mary Jane.  I have been part of this girl's life since she was just about walking and it was quite awesome seeing her walk down the aisle, so happy and so in love:

The readings and vows were very personal, very intense, and perfectly chosen:




Here are my three "babies" once again who I babysat for so often so long ago, all grown up and leading beautiful lives as adults.  So proud and so happy for each of them:

My sweet , somewhat weak-feeling girl did her job so very well:


3 out of 4 of the old Woodstock Elementary School gang!

Meanwhile, she conked out in the car at 10:30 p.m. and went to sleep in her braids and her sunflower dress.  I snapped this of her moments after she awoke at 7:30 the next morning.  Couldn't resist!

No comments: