The awesome book Young Frank, Architect (Frank Viva) inspired this evening of building a city out of paper and ordinary objects with Daddy in the studio.
They had a blast cutting and drawing and taping and talking (the debate question she posed: "which is more importanter: books or paper?") and planning for their expansion tomorrow.
After they were done, it was bath time and Beatrice asked me "Mama, do you know everything about everything?" No, I answered, no one knows everything. Well, maybe God.
"I know who knows everything. Dead people. 'Cause after you die you go to dead school and learn the answers to everything. But you have to be dead first. Then you will know."
Sometimes Beatrice walks a fine line between genius and just scary-creepy! I then asked her what she'd like to know the answers to if she could know everything and she said: "Africa, Arabia, Matatunia (?), Molokkum(?) and just all the places!"
You want to learn about all the countries all over the world? "Yes!" Someday, my little voyager through life, some day. It's hard for me to imagine that some day you'll journey away from us and your home, but I know you will. For right now though, there's still no place like home:



2 comments:
Such a sweet philosopher!
I thought the choice was Janitor vs. Engineer (as if there's a difference).
Uncle Moe
Post a Comment