This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
It was just a normal morning....
Out of bed at 6:15 (later than usual actually), shower, make breakfasts, make lunches, get dressed, do braids, let the dog out, get Bea off the computer, nag her to get her sneakers on, remind her to pack the blanket, "no, you can't have a piece of candy in the morning"......and we were off. The ride was pretty normal too, except we were running a little late so I nagged a little more about hurrying once we were inside her school since I didn't want to be late for work. But despite the normalcy and the few mommy nags, I got something special as we were scurrying through the St. Joseph's school parking lot that I don't get every day. As Beatrice reached for my hand, I heard her sweet voice exclaim "Mom, I like that you're my mom." I like that you're my daughter, Bea, I replied. A wonderful moment that demanded documentation. And an early Mother's Day present too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Does it get better than that? No I think not.
precious.
nancy
Post a Comment