Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ballerina on Picnic Table

It's not been an easy couple of months.
                                      My brother had to have his right leg amputated,
                                  Anthony's beautiful 22-year old cousin was murdered,
                                       Beatrice has been in, let's just say a "rough phase,"
 in which she's emotional, clingy, demanding, trying, and at times overcome with anxiety.
 Work has been especially stressful. Our dog is on Prozac because she apparently feels that our heating system is haunted, causing her to pant, paw at us, hide, and interrupt our sleep. And then yesterday, the events of Newtown, CT (which is nearly 2 hours away from us) unfolded.  I'm still in shock.  It's a parent's nightmare.  An educator's nightmare.  A mental health professional's nightmare.  I fit all three of those categories.  It's almost more than I can bear.
So this morning I took a few minutes in the sunshine to admire the blue sky to watch a spontaneous ballet performance on my picnic table.

2 comments:

MSChaz said...

Sending you love and strength from California. ((hugs))

Donna said...

I am so sorry that you and your family are having a rough time. I hope things are so much better for you all in the New Year! Hugs!