These three videos were taken Thursday evening. Beatrice came and handed me the camera and said "make movies of me!" and here's what I got. The last one was completely unexpected. I had no idea a marriage proposal was coming. Honestly, 3 1/2 has been my favorite age of all.
This blog started as an online journal of our trip to Hanoi, Vietnam to pick up our daughter Beatrice (Hanh Minh), and now chronicles our journey through life together as a family of three....
Sunday, February 5, 2012
My Baby Has Left for College
Okay, not quite, but that's how I felt as Beatrice had her first sleepover away from both of us last night, at my sister's house 2 miles away. It was completely her idea and we would have bet the house and dog that the phone would ring at bedtime or in the middle of the night for a "rescue," but here I am at 6:42 a.m. and the phone remains silent. I called at 8:30 p.m. and Louise said Beatrice didn't want to to call to say good night, as was the plan. I slept horribly. Tossed and turned all night. I am so, so happy for her and so proud of her leaps toward independence. And yet why I am sad too....?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Apparently you need to get used to her sleeping away because it appears she's gearing up for some American Idol contests that probably don't happen in Putnam. :-) Seriously, glad the weaning for sleep overs happens two miles away from you, because SERIOUSLY we are going to need to do some summer weeklong sleepover vacations for the girls in the upcoming years. Can't wait to live back east!!!!
Post a Comment