Tuesday, September 6, 2011

And she's off!


ON YOUR MARK...

GET SET.....

GO!!!!





Within a minute of entering her classroom, she found this dollhouse and settled in for over 3 minutes.


The day was great from start to finish. 2 out of 3 Forondas shed tears, and neither of them was the 3-year old. Here are some quotes from the day-


Before school, consoling her father: "It okay Daddy. I only gone for a few midits (minutes). It okay you be with Sula when I at school. You not be alone for long time."


To me, during the Parent Orientation part of the morning, while she was playing alone at the dollhouse: "Uh-oh! I forgot to bring my car! Maybe tomorrow I can bring a blue one for show-tell!" (the teacher had just explained to the parents that blue was the color of the month and the children could bring something special from home that was blue.)



Last words she yelled from "the circle" as her Dad was leaving the room this morning: "BYE ANTHONY!!!!!"

Talking to me on the phone after she arrived home: "I made a lot prends (friends) mama. A LOT! They girls, I not know their name. Maybe I find out tomorrow. I went potty all by myself. Mrs. Kenyon help me get on the seat, but I pull down my pants and up my pants all by myself!"


And here she is, back at home this afternoon, uniform off and, ahhhh, in clothes she got to pick all for herself! (i.e. Halloween shirt, summer dress, mismatched socks, and princess shoes on the wrong feet. There's no place like home!)

2 comments:

MSChaz said...

Big girl, Beatrice! We are so happy for and proud of you!!!! Love, Martha and Rachel

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

Make it stop. PLEASE STOP IT! She simply can NOT grow up anymore! Where did the baby go???
Nancy