A few inches fell last night prompting school closures. Yay! Unfortunately it turned to rain and made a messy slush so we still have no Beatrice-plays-in-snow pictures. We did however use the day to decorate the tree and I started writing out Christmas cards. Last night we set up the manger and Beatrice loves hearing the "Silent Night" music box built into it. My Memere Celina and I set that creche up each year together and it's still mesmerizing. The same Memere, who died when I was a teenager, made many beaded ornaments back in the 70's and today Beatrice was most interested in touching and hanging those. I threw out the name "Celina" back when we were brainstorming girls names and it was on the possibility list. They certainly seem to have a connection over Christmas. This was the first time we decorated a tree in three
years. We watched Santa Claus is Coming to Town and Charlie Brown Christmas afterward. It felt really good and it's amazing how all the memories come flooding back. By the way....as of today we can add "ho, ho, ho" to B's word list!
No comments:
Post a Comment