Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fruit and Flower Anniversary


Only Daddy could console her last night after an overtired bathtime...
Trying on her Peace Day accessories...

On September 24, 2005 at Ferry Beach in Saco, Maine, before a justice of the peace, 2 dear friends, a peaceful bay and a brilliant sunset, Anthony and I exchanged marriage vows. Four years later we are now remarried in the Church, and live in our peaceful home which we share with our faithful dog and miraculous daughter. We are so, so lucky, and I am especially grateful to have found a man whose roles as husband and father are his first priorities. This past month he has embraced being the primary daytime parent, and Beatrice is simply flourishing in his presence. Anthony taught me everything I know about romantic love and, to top it off, we are the very best of friends. I waited a long time to find a husband, and even longer to find a child but, in both cases, I have been blessed beyond belief.

No comments: